Hi! It's my first time doing this challenge, and I hope me and you are going to have great time in it. I'm happy to have you writing (or drawing) for me and I salute your excellent offering taste \o/ I have some preferences and prompts that might be helpful, but honesty, for these fandom pretty much anything that will bring your pleasure to make goes. Just enjoy yourself.
Here are some general things, carried over from Yuletide:I like:
- You literally can't go wrong with hurt/comfort. It's my oldest and dearest bulletproof narrative kink, and if you're into it, just be as indulgent as you like. I love physical hurt/comfort, I love emotional hurt/comfort, I love various (AU or canon-compliant) captivity scenarios, I adore nursing-from-wounds-or-sickness stuff, I'm hugely into any opportunity for the characters to showcase their care and love for each other. I love hurt/comfort mostly within the context of the relationship (not necessarily romantic - filial ties, friendship, brothers-in-arms comradeship, whichever fits), as an opening for one character to be hurt and for other to be outraged/terrified/comforting on their behalf.
- Found families, everlasting friendships, us-against-the-world - I love the stories where people keep and find warmth and meaning in each other within the larger universe even when said universe is not generally benevolent. I love people holding each other against the dark.
- Complicated and deep relationship between women - love, friendship, family ties, rivalries, loyalties.
- Hope and kindness - I love, in general, Clair universes
, stories where there is, ultimately, meaning and hope instead of just entropy and neverending misery. Sometimes against all odds and sometimes at a great price, but getting there in the end.
- Loyalty - there's pretty much nothing I don't love about loyalty kink in all it forms! From its ritualized forms (royalty AUs, knights, oaths, kneeling, whatever you want) to more mundane of being unquestionably and in all events there for the other person.
- Self-sacrifice and martyrdom - give me people sacrificing themselves for others and suffering for the sake of something greater or somebody they love, and I'm a happy, happy reader.I would prefer not to read about:
- Character death.
- Infidelity and partner betrayal of any kind.
- Hurt not followed by sufficient comfort; it's a very well-respected genre, but it's definitely not my thing (as for grievous hurt followed by comfort, then yes, see above and go ahead!).
- A/B/O universes and mpreg.
- Grimdark stories and unhappy endings.
I like gen and shipping fics alike, and porny shippy fics are fine as well, but I would prefer not to receive a PWP story, if possible.
If you like stalking the recipient (as I do), my Yuletide letters, gifts and recs are unlocked; my tumblr is egelantier
, my book reviews are over at egelantier-reading
and my fics and bookmarks are at egelantier
Onwards to the specific fandoms: ( Chronicles of Tornor - Elizabeth Lynn, The Librarians, Wynonna Earp, Nirvana in Fire, Crossover Fandoms (Poe Dameron & Johnny Jaqobis and Edmund Pevensie & Rupert Psmith) )
And here we go! Whatever you choose to write or draw, you've already made my month just by matching me on these fandoms; best of luck and I hope you have a wonderful time.