Dearest Yuletide writer, hello! I'm so happy we've matched, and I hope you'll enjoy writing for me and find something here to your liking. These four picks are very tiny fandoms very dear to my heart, and so whatever you choose to write will absolutely delight me. Here are some preferences and likes and prompt ideas, but really, at the heart of - anything goes! Just enjoy yourself and write what works for you.
With that in mind, here we go for generalities! (some things are carried over from my previous letters, some are new). I like:
- You literally can't go wrong with hurt/comfort. It's my oldest and dearest bulletproof narrative kink, and if you're into it, just be as indulgent as you like. I love physical hurt/comfort, I love emotional hurt/comfort, I love various (AU or canon-compliant) captivity scenarios, I adore nursing-from-wounds-or-sickness stuff, I'm hugely into any opportunity for the characters to showcase their care and love for each other. I love hurt/comfort mostly within the context of the relationship (not necessarily romantic - filial ties, friendship, brothers-in-arms comradeship, whichever fits), as an opening for one character to be hurt and for other to be outraged/terrified/comforting on their behalf.
- Found families, everlasting friendships, us-against-the-world - I love the stories where people keep and find warmth and meaning in each other within the larger universe even when said universe is not generally benevolent. I love people holding each other against the dark.
- Complicated and deep relationship between women - love, friendship, family ties, rivalries, loyalties.
- Hope and kindness - I love, in general, Clair universes
, stories where there is, ultimately, meaning and hope instead of just entropy and neverending misery. Sometimes against all odds and sometimes at a great price, but getting there in the end.
- Loyalty - there's pretty much nothing I don't love about loyalty kink in all it forms! From its ritualized forms (royalty AUs, knights, oaths, kneeling, whatever you want) to more mundane of being unquestionably and in all events there
for the other person.
- Self-sacrifice and martyrdom - give me people sacrificing themselves for others and suffering for the sake of something greater or somebody they love, and I'm a happy, happy reader.I would prefer not to read about:
- Character death.
- Infidelity and partner betrayal of any kind.
- Hurt not
followed by sufficient comfort; it's a very well-respected genre, but it's definitely not my thing (as for grievous hurt followed
by comfort, then yes, see above and go ahead!).
- A/B/O universes and mpreg.
- Grimdark stories and unhappy endings.
I like gen and shipping fics alike, and porny shippy fics are fine as well, but I would prefer not to receive a PWP story, if possible.
If you want some other info on my preferences or are just curious in a great Yuletide-stalking tradition, my previous yuletide letters and gifts are unlocked, and also there are: my greatly disorganized tumblr
, my fics and bookmarks
and some of my book reviews
.( Fandoms: The Fire's Stone - Tanya Huff, 赤髪の白雪姫 | Akagami no Shirayukihime, Memory Sorrow and Thorn - Tad Williams, The Change Series - Rachel Manija Brown & Sherwood Smith, Baahubali: The Beginning (2015), 琅琊榜 | Nirvana in Fire (TV) )